Minor Consumption

Important: There may be ways to keep a minor consumption ticket off of your record. Simply paying the ticket is an admission of guilt and will go on your record. Call, text, or email to talk about your options.

Receiving a Minor Consumption charge, or “Minor,” is not a new thing.  Many people have had minors and many more will continue to receive them.  The problem is, having a minor on your record can impact the rest of your life, and the consequences are becoming more and more severe.  For those who are convicted of minor consumption it can be difficult to find a good job or get the education and training that you want.  


At Ascheman Law, we know the challenges you are facing.  We can help you with your case.

A person under the age of 21 who consumes alcohol can be charged with Minor Consumption under Minnesota Statute 340A.503 (1)(a)(2).  The penalty for this offense can be found under Minnesota Statute 340A.703, which makes this offense a Misdemeanor.

A Misdemeanor is any charge punishable by up to 90 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. (i.e. Careless Driving, Simple Assault, Prostitution, Theft, DUI, etc.) Unlike Petty Misdemeanors a Misdemeanor is a crime and it is important to consult an attorney to discuss your case.  

You have many Rights which an attorney can explain and help you enforce.  In addition, the prosecution has the burden to prove you are guilty of the offense charged.  A defense attorney can help you challenge the prosecution’s case and protect your rights and your name.

Because this is offense is not simply payable, you will have to go to court.  Court can be a long and complicated system.  In most cases it will take several hearings before a case is completed.  It is important to discuss your case with a criminal defense attorney.

If you would like to discuss your case further, feel free to contact our office for a initial consultation at no cost: 612-217-0077 or Landon@AschemanLaw.com